Automatic extraction systems
SOXTHERM rapid extraction systems can be used in nearly every analytical area.
The fully automated extraction process is patented and especially useful for residue analisis and the determination of fat in food and feed samples (solid-liquid extractions according to Soxhlet and Twisselmann). The SOXTHERM principle simplifies and accelerates the traditional Soxhlet method significantly and observes international and national norms and extraction standards.
Almost all food contains fat. With SOXTHERM, the determination of the fat content in food and feeds is simple, fast, and reliable.
- Cereals and cereal products
- Milk and dairy products
- Meat and meat products
- Chocolate and cacao products
- Oil and oilseeds
- Fat in feeds
- Lipids in eggs and egg products
- Fat in dietary products
and many more
SOXTHERM is a very precise instrument when it comes to the determination of the pollution of e.g. soil or water. The data obtained can then be used to make fast environmental decisions.
- Mineral oil in rocks
- Oil and lubricants
- Softeners and additives in plastic and rubber
- Colorant and coatings on textile fibers
- Coatings of fertilizers
- PAH (Poly aromatic hydrocarbons)
- EOX (Extractable organic halides according to EPA method 3541)
and many more
Depending on your laboratary's needs and sample throughput, you have the option of a 2, 4, or 6 place system. All systems can be operated either by a MULTISTAT controller or by our modern controlling software SOXTHERM Manager. Both options, MULTISTAT and SOXTHERM Manager, individually control and monitor up to four SOXTHERM extraction units (up to 24 samples) simultaneously. The savings in costs and space are significant.
- 3 models available giving the widest range of options for all laboratories
- Solvent recovery reduces running costs
- Water and compressed air control allows for unattended operation and protection of water resource
- Fast and accurate giving an increased sample throughput compared to the traditional Soxhlet
- Suitable for all common solvents giving flexibility of applications
- Fully programmable with automatic start-up and shut down for unattended operation
- Low solvent consumption reduces running costs
- Virtually maintenance-free due to clever design with just 3 moving parts and no internal seals
- Large thimbles available for large sample sizes
- Single button operation for ease of use
- Easy upgrade possilbilities (just one controller is needed for up to 4 independant SOXTHERM systems)
- Cooling water and air monitoring
- Safety door protects the operator from hot surfaces
- Over temperature cut-out prevents flash point of the solvent being exceeded
- Optical sensor on solvent recovery tank prevents over filling
- Acoustic and visual warnings
- Spark proof heaters to DIN/VDE 0170 and 0171 meet the high standards required
- Illuminated glass beakers allow visual inspection of extraction progress